e-IGJS was unveiled on January 18 it aims to be an exclusive virtual show to boost exports of the Indian gems and jewellery sector catering to all product categories. It is a standout virtual show with a sharp focus on enhanced customer experience and engagement. It will conclude on January 22.
e-IGJS has seamlessly integrated digital mode of conducting business along with the physical mode.
- • Contributes 7% to India’s GDP and 15% to Merchandise Exports
- • Employs a workforce of 5 Million across India
- • 14 out of 15 diamonds set in jewellery worldwide are processed in India. Not even one Diamond Mine, yet the world’s largest supplier of over one billion polished diamonds
- • India is also the largest cutting and polishing centre for coloured gemstones
- • Fastest Emerging Jewellery Centre with the expertise to craft the finest jewellery across metals and gemstones both plain and studded in prêt, couture and bridal
Speaking at the inaugural session Colin Shah, Chairman GJEPC said, “India’s unique castmanship, skill , integral and deep-rooted sense of aesthetics which have been honed over generations of understanding of our culture and its unique taste have made Indian gems and jewellery stand out in the world.” His insights gave an overall perspective of the industry.
Suresh Kumar, Joint Secretary Ministry of Finance, Government of India, “This show speaks volumes about India’s capability to supply quality gems and jewellery products to the international market.” This virtual show will bring together several verticals which will help boost India’s trade relations with new countries across the world as well.
Speaking at the inaugural, Hardeep Singh Puri, Minister of State for Commerce and Industry said, “The business friendly eco-system in India has supported growth of the G & J sector in India and it has in turn contributed well to the Indian treasury with its evergreen business spread out across the world.”
The government has viewed this sector as a trusted segment for export promotion and therefore has allowed foreign direct investment in this sector. India is one of the largest exporters of G & J products in the world and caters to world’s leading markets like the US, Europe Hong Kong, China, Middle East, Russia and others. The GJEPC continues to increase exports over the last few decades. Digital India and Atma Nirbhar Bharat is a dream of our PM and GJEPC has always worked towards realization of this dream.