AstaGuru’s upcoming ‘Heirloom Jewellery, Silver, and Exceptional Timepieces’ auction will present a stellar collection of 132 lots and is scheduled to take place on May 30-31, 2022. The meticulously curated catalogue offers a comprehensive insight into the rich craftsmanship and design heritage of the Indian subcontinent and the western world. The jewellery section offers traditional Indian jewellery, western-style jewellery, and pieces executed with natural pearls, Burmese rubies, Zambian emeralds, and high-quality diamonds. The auction will also showcase creations by celebrated brands from the west such as Cartier, Tiffany, and Jean E?te?. A unique creation by Nanubhai Jewellers formerly based in Mumbai will also be presented. Helmed by Nanubhai Jhaveri, the jeweller enjoyed the patronage of several princely royalties including Maharaja Jiwajirao Scindia of Gwalior and the Nizam of Hyderabad.
Jay Sagar, AstaGuru’s Jewellery Specialist, said, “The Indian auction market is witnessing a consistent demand for vintage jewellery from collectors. We are excited to present an exquisite collection which brings the best of both traditional Indian and classical western jewellery designs. The collection also includes an array of jewellery pieces executed with rare and coveted gemstones from across the world and ones that would make for a worthy inclusion in any important collection.”
Heirloom Jewellery Highlights
- The oldest offering in the auction, lot no. 30, is an antique Hyderabadi Guluband tracing back to circa 1890 and is set with rubies and natural pearls. It will be offered with an estimate of INR 8,00,000 – 9,00,000.
- A fine selection of jewellery crafted with natural pearls will also be showcased. Lot no. 121 is a stunning three-row natural pearl necklace interspaced with faceted crystal discs and a clasp set with old cut diamonds. This lot will be offered with an estimate of INR 5,20,00,000 – 6,00,00,000. ( Natural Pearl weight : 2485.73 chau / 181 pcs). This lot comes with a SSEF (Schweizerische Stiftung fu?r Edelstein Forschung) certification report.
- An elegant five-row necklace, lot no. 130, comprising 453 pieces of graduated natural pearls will be offered with the estimate of INR 1,30,00,000 – 1,50,00,000. (Natural Pearl weight : 619.50 chau / 448 pcs).
- Lot no. 25 is an important natural pearl and ruby bead necklace affixed to an 18k gold clasp set with diamonds and rubies. This lot will be offered at a value of INR 80,00,000 – 1,00,00,000.
- Lot no. 48, is a beautiful diamond, natural pearl, and emerald drop choker presented with matching ear pendants. This lot will be offered at an estimate of INR 1,75,00,000 – 2,25,00,000.
- An exceptional makara head kada, lot no. 51, is set with flat-cut diamonds, rubies, and natural pearls. It is very rare to see a piece of jadau jewellery inlaid with pearls as is the case with this lot. Executed circa 1900, it will be offered with an estimate of INR 40,00,000 – 60,00,000.
- With diverse jewellery styles, the upcoming auction has a lot more to offer.
- Lot no.91 is an elegant four-row necklace executed with intense red Burmese ruby beads from the historic mines of Mogok. It will be offered with an estimate of ??INR 1,51,00,000 – 2,00,00,000. This lot comes with a certification of rubies weight by C. Dunaigre, Switzerland. (Ruby weight: 1119.94 cts / 548 pcs).
- A four-row Zambian emerald bead necklace, lot no.117, will be offered at an estimate of INR 61,00,000 – 70,00,000. (Emerald weight : 1012.75 cts / 620 pcs)
Classic Western Jewellery On Offer
- Lot no. 90 is an old European-cut diamond Rivie?re. This lot will be offered with an estimate of INR 32,00,000 – 38,00,000. (Diamond weight : 27.51 cts (approx) / 86 pcs).
- Two extraordinary necklaces by celebrated brand Cartier will also be presented. Lot no 2 is a gold and diamond Draperie necklace. It will be offered at an estimate of INR 18,00,000 – 25,00,000.
- Lot no. 21 is a magnificent diamond necklace consisting of three rows of bezel-set diamonds in white gold. The necklace is attached to the central removable pendant. This lot is estimated to be acquired at a value of INR 60, 00,000 – 80,00,000 and is presented with the original box. (Diamond weight : 57.00 cts (approx) / 426 pcs).
Hallmarked Silver Highlights
The silver collection is a testimony to the deft metalworking techniques pioneered in India and Europe in the bygone era. Several of the featured lots are over a century old and also offer great utility.
- The oldest item in the category, lot no. 49, is a hallmarked silver English dish By Paul Storr, London. Executed circa 1806, it is estimated to be sold at INR 6,00,000 – 7,00,000. (Gross Weight: 3.989 kgs).
- Lot no. 59 is a beautiful antique silver horse carriage executed in the typical style of the Victorian era. Executed circa 1930, it will be offered with an estimate of INR 8,50,000 – 10,00,000. (Gross Weight: 4.719 kgs).
- Lot no. 43 is a stylish custom made washbasin with a cylindrical body resting on a tapered stem. Executed circa 1930, this lot is estimated to be acquired at the value of INR 7,00,000 – 8, 00,000. (Gross Weight: 5.802 kgs).
A fascinating horology collection with pieces from the world’s leading brands including, Patek Phillippe, Audemars Piguet, Rolex, Piaget, Chopard and Breguet will present distinct styles of timepieces ranging from vintage watches, dress watches, as well as state-of-the-art pieces. Jehangir Readymoney, AstaGuru’s Timepiece Expert, commented, “The collectors have expressed immense interest in luxury and vintage watches in the last few years. Catering to these demands, AstaGuru has consistently offered exquisite and rare watches in its timepieces auctions.” This auction category is also highlighted by bejewelled watches of extraordinary beauty. Two of these lots come from the brand Piaget which has a celebrated legacy of timepieces with dials featuring ornamental stones. The auction will also present several timepieces that combine state-of-the-art technology with traditional haute horology.
- The oldest timepiece, lot no.15, in this category is an18k Gold Chronometro Gondolo Pocket Watch created by Patek Philippe in 1910. This lot will be offered with an estimate of INR 6,50,000 – 7,50,000. Other creations by Patek Philippe will also be offered.
- Lot no.19 is an 18k Yellow Gold Vintage Wristwatch Ref No. 3553-1. Estimated to be acquired at INR 7,00,000 – 8,00,000, this lot is presented with an official certificate of identity and guarantee of origin.
- Lot no. 36, also by Patek Philippe, is an 18k Yellow Gold Vintage Wristwatch Ref No. 2452. The timepiece features an 18k gold case with a silvered dial. This lot will be presented with official archives with an estimate of INR 6,50,000 – 7,50,000.
- An 18k White Gold Calatrava Wristwatch Ref No. 570, lot no. 87, by Patek Philippe. The timepiece has an 18k white gold case with a silvered dial. Estimated to be sold at INR 15,00,000 – 16,00,000, this lot will be presented with official extracts.
- Lot no.132 which is a Limelight Tonneau Shaped Diamond Wristwatch Ref No P10266. The most valued lot in this category, The dial is set with 293 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx. 0.9 ct) while the crown is set with a brilliant-cut diamond (approx. 0.1 ct). The bracelet is 18k solid white gold and is set with 600 brilliant-cut diamonds (approx. 7.1 ct). It will be offered with an estimate of INR 50,00,000 – 60,00,000.
- Lot no. 129 is an 18k White Gold & Diamond Polo Large Wristwatch by Piaget. The timepiece in an 18k white gold case also includes Pavé diamond dial and bezel. The 18k white gold bracelet also features Pavé diamond. This lot will be offered with an estimate of INR 29,00,000 – 32,00,000.
- Another ornamental timepiece, lot no. 74, is a beautiful A L'Heure Du Diamant Oval Wristwatch Ref No. 139383-5002 by Chopard. The watch comes with a rose gold case with factory set diamonds on the bezel and lugs. It will be offered with an estimate of INR 20,00,000 – 22,00,000.
- Lot no. 45 is an 18k Pink Gold Tank Anglaise Large Model Wristwatch Ref No. by Cartier. The timepiece comes with an 18k rose gold case with a flinque? silvery lacquered dial. The 18k rose gold bezel is set with brown diamonds (82 pcs – 2.5 cts approx.). It will be offered with an estimate of INR 27,00,000 – 30,00,000.
- A creation by Audemars Piguet, lot no. 95, is a Royal Oak Offshore Chronograph Volcano Wristwatch Ref No. 26170st.oo.d101cr.01. It will be offered with an estimate of INR 18,00,000 – 20,00,000.
- Lot no. 107, also by Audemars Piguet, is a Special Edition Royal Oak Offshore Chronograph Wristwatch Ref No. 26170st.oo.d101cr.02. Estimated to be acquired at INR 18,00,000 – 20,00,000, this lot will be presented with the original box & papers.
- Lot no. 114 is an Oyster Perpetual Submariner Date Wristwatch by Rolex. The timepiece features a stainless steel case with a green dial. It will be offered with an estimate of INR 18,00,000 – 19,00,000. (MODEL NO. 116610LV).
- Lot no. 98 is a Cosmograph Daytona Stainless Steel Wristwatch Model No. 16520. This lot will be presented with the original box & papers and is estimated to be sold at INR 17,00,000 – 19,00,000.